27th Annual GWBS – October 15 and 16
Do you have a wooden boat?
Registration is limited to boats whose main structural strength is derived from wood components. External applications or sheathing of fiberglass, reinforced plastic, etc. are acceptable.
You can display your boat on land or water
Boats will be displayed on Front Street between King and Screven Streets. Floating dinghy docks projecting into the Sampit River will be used for water displays. Dock space for larger vessels is available on a first come, first-serve basis. Drafts up to seven feet can be accommodated.
- $35 per applicant – includes the registration of one boat, a 2016 WBS T-shirt, a welcome packet and one ticket to the Awards Dinner to be held at 7 PM under the Wooden Boat Challenge tent.
- Additional boats may be registered by the same applicant for $5 each.
- Additional Awards Dinner tickets for family members or guests are $20 each.
- There is no additional charge to exhibit on Sunday.
The award categories for the exhibit are: (Classic categories are for vessels 50 years or older)
- More Details | Row
- More Details | Classic Row
- More Details | Canoe
- More Details | Classic Canoe
- More Details | Kayak
- More Details | Classic Kayak
- More Details | Surf/Paddle
- More Details | Classic Surf/Paddle
- More Details | Sail
- More Details | Classic Sail
- More Details | Inboard Power
- More Details | Classic Inboard
- More Details | Outboard Power
- More Details | Classic Outboard
- More Details | Owner Designed and Built
- More Details | Century Class -100 years or older
- More Details | Model Boats
- More Details | Cradle Boats & more…
A “People’s Choice Award” will also be presented.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2016 at 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Held under the tent beside the SC Maritime Musem at 729 Front Street. Beer, wine, and snacks will be served to welcome our exhibitors. Exhibitors can check-in and pick up their registration bags at this time. | More Info
EXHIBITOR SET-UP AND DOCKING | More Info
- Water exhibitors can begin docking at 3 pm on Friday. To arrange earlier dockage contact Johnny Weaver at 843-907-1878
- Land exhibitors can begin set-up at 7 am Saturday.